Washbattle Bridge

Bridge Name:   Washbattle Bridge
No.:   11
Location:   51.04819,-3.35221
Build Date:   19th century
Description:   Single arch stone construction
An east-west route became prominent in the 18th century when the road from Wiveliscombe through Langley Marsh to the Watchet-Bampton road, entering Huish at Washbattle (formerly Maundown) bridge and passing through the village, was turnpiked in 1786. A new road across Huish moor was created in 1843 as part of the inclosure.
References:   http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=117136

SRO DD/SF/15/2/63 – Appointment of William Ayshford Sanford and Revd George Trevelyan as Justices of the Peace to superintend Maundown Bridge in Wiveliscombe and Huish Champflower. 22 Apr 1816